Test and Calibration Engineer – IMP products
We have an opportunity for an experienced, self motivated and well qualified electronics engineer to join our team, to work on the Isolated Measurement Pods / S-Net system and related products, originally manufactured by Solartron.
Summary of the role
- The repair, test and calibration of customer returned and new build data acquisition products and PCBs.
- The work includes the use of small tools, soldering, use of circuit drawings and test specifications, and the completion of necessary paper work.
- On the job training will be provided.
Specific job responsibilities
- Manage and plan workload to ensure all jobs are achieved in a timely manner
- Test and fault find on electronic products
- Repair to component level on digital and analogue circuits on both through hole and SMT PCB’s
- Calibrate and complete documentation and write accurate and concise test reports
- Strip down and reassemble electronic products
- Assess if a product is economical to repair and quote realistic repair time
Required qualifications and experience
- Suitable electronics related qualification
- Previous experience of electronic fault finding and repairing
- Electronics manufacturing and or electronics service background, ideally in data acquisition
- Must be able to follow circuit diagrams, assembly drawings and test specifications
- Use a varied range of fault finding and test equipment
- Soldering to a high quality standard on both through hole and SMT technology
- Able to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision
- PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel and Word
- There will be the possibility to work on customer’s site in the UK – including Nuclear Power Stations, who have installations which require periodic calibrations
- This role may also include the possibility of occasional overseas travel.
- For electronically creative technicians, there is also the possibility to work alongside our design engineers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, then please send us your latest CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.